James’ promotion is a testimony to the significant contribution he has consistently made to his clients and THM. James is a senior restructuring professional with experience of advising corporates, investors and creditors in stressed and distressed situations across a number of jurisdictions including the UK, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands.
James has considerable experience working alongside management teams and boards of companies to provide hands-on support through complex operational and financial restructurings and other special situations.
Specific expertise includes crisis and cash management, business planning, M&A and stakeholder management. James has worked on restructuring assignments across a number of sectors and has particular experience in power generation assets. James qualified as a chartered accountant in 2005.
- Adviser to the Board of Scholz Holding GmbH, a global metals recycling business, during the restructuring of its €1 billion of debt (ongoing).
- Sales adviser to the Security Agent of Rijnmond Energie C.V., an 810MW CCGT power plant located in Rotterdam, following the commencement of enforcement proceedings.
- Adviser to the Board of Endeka Ceramics, a Spanish based global supplier of raw materials to the ceramics industry, during the restructuring of its €265 million of debt via a Scheme of Arrangement.
- Interim management support to the Board of Eggborough Power Limited following the company’s acquisition by its lenders.
- Business and financial review of Almatis BV, a global manufacturer of specialty alumina, as part of its $1 billion debt restructuring.
- Adviser to the Board of Teesside Power Limited, a €1 billion energy generation business, during an 18 month commercial restructuring, leading to a sale of the company.