Chris’ promotion reflects the significant contribution he has consistently made to his clients and THM. Chris is a senior restructuring professional with over 14 years experience of advising corporates, investors and creditors in stressed, distressed and special situations across a number of industries and jurisdictions, including the UK, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Slovakia, Bulgaria and the Netherlands.
Chris has considerable experience working alongside management teams and boards of companies to provide hands-on support and advice through complex restructurings, refinancings and special situations.
Specific expertise includes cash management, strategic and business planning, project and stakeholder management, leading negotiations and board governance.
Chris qualified as a chartered accountant in 2007.
- Current CFO of a group of Irish based companies in the property development sector. This has included the establishment and ongoing management of the group finance function and capital raising of €0.5 billion+ for investment and development purposes.
- Providing project management support to the Board of Azincourt Investment SL during the £381 million financial restructuring of FCC's UK business (formerly Waste Recycling Group).
- Supporting the Restructuring Committee of Bulgarian Telecommunications Company AD (trading as Vivacom) during the restructuring of the group's €2 billion+ capital structure. Ongoing co-ordination of the wind down and liquidation of the remaining Dutch and Bulgarian group companies post restructuring.
- Delivery of restructuring solutions to a c£116 million portfolio of Enterprise Zone loan investments.
- Providing cash management support to Almatis, a leading global manufacturer of alumina, on behalf of the Management Board as part of its $1 billion debt restructuring.
- Supporting the joint CROs of Exista ehf, an Icelandic holding company focused on financial services and telecommunications, during the restructuring of a group with in excess of €2 billion of debt.
- Crisis cash management and stabilisation of a UK quoted managed support services business.