Operational restructuring covers all aspects of improving and operationally restructuring a company's underlying business to increase enterprise value. Our expertise is focused on business reorganisation (business relocations, site closures and disposals), profit enhancement (primarily through cost reduction initiatives) and the establishment or enhancement of the financial reporting capabilities of a business.
Our operational restructuring services are often incorporated into a financial restructuring project (for example, corporate reorganisation as part of a restructuring solution) or may be undertaken as assignments in their own right. Our operational specific roles often address a unique or problem asset for our client or are undertaken to de-risk a portfolio company immediately following acquisition. The role typically requires the provision of interim management.
We provide senior leadership to any restructuring situation, either as advisers or in an executive role, in the following key areas:
- Strategic and business planning
- Corporate reorganisation and simplification
- Business rationalisation and cost reduction
- Support for sale processes
- Pre and post-acquisition support to either the sponsor or the company
- Development and execution of first 100-day plans
- Establishment or enhancement of company finance functions and processes