Restructuring processes place considerable additional demands on management often at a time when the business also faces operational challenges which require significant management attention.
We are experienced in developing and managing restructuring processes in order to alleviate pressures faced by management teams during a restructuring. The critical workstreams which need to be co-ordinated and project managed to support the restructuring exercise may include some or all of the following:
- Short term cash flow forecasting and management
- Development of business plans and financial projections
- Management and co-ordination of 'home team' advisers, including financial advisers and auditors, legal and tax advisers and PR consultants
- Management of, and communication with, multiple financial stakeholders and their advisers
- Ongoing board advice and reporting
- Development and assessment of alternative restructuring proposals, including financial modelling, and detailed implementation plans
- Implementation of the agreed restructuring
Delivery of these workstreams often requires the development of a detailed project plan, which should incorporate clear deliverable timelines, milestones and responsibilities. Interdependencies between workstreams must be clearly identified so they do not become impediments to a successful conclusion.